Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day weekend was a ton of fun this year! My family came in from Austin on Friday night. On Saturday, Alan served his famous Saturday morning waffles and bacon. We then headed to the pool with lunch in tow. We spent most of the day at the pool having a ton of fun. Again, we had the pool to ourselves. The girls were in rare form. They were so cute. Every time we go to the pool they get a little bit bolder. This time was no different. Maci taught herself to do front flips in the water just by watching me do it a few times. Hugely impressive. Payton and Maci put on a grand show with all sorts of interesting show tunes. I have seen them perform before, but this was amazing, I was wildly entertained by their performance. talk about hams...they get it from their daddy! After we were too tired to continue swimming, we went home for naps (for the kiddos AND the grandparents.) Any idea who played the hardest? For dinner, Alan showed off his grill master skills. If you haven't had the pleasure, I recommend you do soon. On Sunday, the girls grilled burgers. Alan was off the hook. After the family was on their way back to Austin, my girls and I treated Alan to a little Chuy's. It was a fantastic Father's Day weekend. We're gonna need the week to recoup!
I was so busy playing this weekend that I didn't get around to taking any pictures at all. My mom thankfully got a couple of Maci doing her self-taught front flips. She's awesome!

1 comment:

Marc and Kathy said...

Oh man that pool looks awesome! Jealous! I am glad you guys had a fun weekend.