Thursday, September 20, 2012

School is in session!

So, school has begun!  The girls are having a wonderful time and they love being there.  This is Payton's kindergarten year and Maci is in 2nd grade.  Could time fly by any faster???  I think the girls are becoming even better friends now that they have school in common.  They seem to enjoy having each other there.  That makes me happy.  Blake and I have been having a pretty good time too!  We have a nice routine now that we have to entertain ourselves.  MTTHF we go to the gym after we get the girls on the bus, then we either run errands or go home and have lunch.  On Tuesday's we go to Story time at the library when we finish up at the gym.  On Wednesday's we go to Women's Bible Study and then have lunch and hit up the park.  Its a lot of fun for me getting to hang out with my son so much.  I think he likes it too.  He does miss the girls...he insists on sitting in Payton's lap when she gets home and watches tv with her, or he goes upstairs and wrestles with her...they are more like brothers!!  :-)  He is a willing participant when Maci wants to play "school" and does exactly as she says...that alone tells me he misses her!  Ha!  I miss them both too, but enjoy them when they get home (when they are in the mood to be enjoyed!! :))
 
This is meet the teacher day!  (They still love dressing the same, when does that stop??  I hope not soon!) 
 First Day of school
 Alan hung around to see them off for their first day!!
 Me and my babies!!!  (See, I'm already dressed for the gym membership I am about to go reward myself with!!)
 Sweet girls!
 2nd Grade
 Kindergarten
 Off they go!!!  Notice them holding hands!!!  On day two, Maci asked Payton where she wanted to sit on the bus and she said, "I don't care where we sit, but can you not hold my hand this time?"  Well, well, well, I guess she is already too cool for school!  Poor Maci, she adores getting to be the one who knows the ropes and has loved showing Payton where to go and what to do.  Payton is so over that...too big for her britches! 
We miss them, but they are having a great time and doing a fabulous job!!!


No comments: